Free Sewing & Craft Projects, Learn to Sew, Guidelines Articles, Charitable Projects, Bridal, Kids & More
Sewing & Craft Alliance
Project provided courtesy of: Jo-Ann Stores ©
Take a break on something you make! Choose a cool pattern and really accent the room with your design taste.
For one 4" thick cushion:
For one 8" thick cushion:
For both sizes:
1. For 4" & 8" thick cushion: Cut 2 squares 23" x 23" for top & bottom of cushions.
2. For 4" thick cushion cut 4 strips 23" X 5" of contrasting print for sides.
3. For 8" thick cushion cut 4 strips 23" x 9" of contrasting print for sides.
4. Cut 5-1/3 yards X 3" strips of solid for cording.
5. Make cording.
6. Sew cording around each square.
7. Sew 5" ends of all four sides strips together - leaving 1/2" open at the top and bottom of each seam.
8. Sew side band section to one square - matching corners.
9. Sew to other square - leaving one side open turn right side out and insert cushion. Slipstitch closed.
10. Sew buttons on through cushion matching buttons on top with buttons underneath. Pull tight to "tuft".
Approximate Crafting Time: Three hours per cushionSkill Level: Some sewing experience needed.
Due to seasonal nature of project, supplies are available for a limited time only. Please read all instructions prior to beginning; read and follow all manufacturers' instructions for all tools and materials used. Provide adult supervision if children participate in this and all craft projects. Because Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. and Joann.com have no control over the use of materials and tools, nor surroundings, during construction of projects, Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. and Joann.com disclaim any liability for injury, damage or other untoward results. Content of this project sheet is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed. ©2005 Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. All rights reserved.
Back to Teen Projects