Free Sewing & Craft Projects, Learn to Sew, Guidelines Articles, Charitable Projects, Bridal, Kids & More
Sewing & Craft Alliance
Project provided courtesy of:Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores ©
Make several of these elegant bags. Add a bottle of wine and you have a lovely and quick hostess gift!
1. Weave ribbon, right sides down, in desired pattern (16" x 17" size).
2. Fuse lightweight interfacing to wrong size of ribbon weaving.
3. Fold ribbon weaving in half lengthwise right sides together, and sew side and bottom seams.
4. Fold velvet in half lengthwise right sides together, and sew side and bottom seams, leaving a 2” to 3" opening in side.
5. Insert velvet bag in ribbon bag, right sides together.
6. Place beaded fringe between velvet and ribbon bags along top edge and stitch top seam.
7. Turn right side out through side opening in velvet bag. Slip-stitch opening in velvet lining closed.
8. Tack cording to back of bag approximately 1-1/2” to 2" from top.
Back to Purses, Totes & Bags