Versatile, stylish denim reinvents itself once more in this unique belt with cording. Just imagine how stunning you'll look!
1 yard denim
1 yard lace
2 yards cording
1. To make pattern for belt, use a piece of heavy paper and mark width as desired (belt in photo is 4-1/2" wide and tapered at each end). Mark length equal to the measurement of your waist plus 1-1/2" for seam allowances. Cut pattern out.
2. Fold fabric in half, selvages together.
3. Cut two pieces of denim and one piece of lace.
4. Baste lace piece onto right side of one denim piece.
5. Cut cording in half (1 yard long); attach at each end of belt on plain piece of denim on right side.
6. Stitch cording in place; be sure cording is facing into the belt, not beyond the surface of the fabric.
7. With right sides together, place denim/lace piece to plain piece of denim. Pin pieces, taking care not to get the cording close to the seam line.
8. Stitch around entire belt, leaving an opening for turning right side out (at least 3").
9. Trim seams and press.
10. Turn right sides out and press again.
11. Stitch opening closed.
Due to seasonal nature of project, supplies are available for a limited time only. Please read all instructions prior to beginning; read and follow all manufacturers' instructions for all tools and materials used. Provide adult supervision if children participate in this and all craft projects. Because Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. and joann.com have no control over the use of materials and tools, nor surroundings, during construction of projects, Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. and joann.com disclaim any liability for injury, damage or other untoward results. Content of this project sheet is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed.