These quick and easy treat bags hold lots of goodies. Make several in a snap and your little ones will be out the door in no time!
- 1/2 yard each of orange and gold felt
- 1/4 yard maroon felt
- black floss, raffia, fabric glue, pinking shears, scissors, needle
1. Cut two 15" squares of orange and gold felt.
2. Sandwich the 2 gold squares between the 2 orange squares. Round off corners.
3. With floss or sewing machine, sew 1” from the edge around three sides of the bag, leaving top open.
4. Cut eyes and mouth from gold felt and glue in place. Make decorative stitches with black floss around eyes and mouth.
5. Cut hat out of maroon felt.
6. Glue hat on one side of bag with raffia tucked underneath edges.
7. Snip around edges of bag up to the stitching to make fringe.
8. For handles: Cut 2 pieces orange felt 15" x 1" and 2 pieces maroon felt 15" x 1/2".
9. Sew or glue maroon strips over orange strips. Sew or glue handles onto bag.
- 1/2 yard each of black and gold felt
- scraps of green and maroon felt
- gold floss, fabric glue, pinking shears, scissors, needle
1. Cut two 15" squares of gold and black felt.
2. Sandwich 2 gold squares between the 2 black squares. Round off corners.
3. With floss or sewing machine, stitch 1" from the edge around three sides of the bag, leaving opening at top.
4. Snip around edges of bag up to the stitching to make fringe.
5. From felt scraps, cut ears, nose, eyes, and whiskers. Sew or glue in place.
6. For handles: Cut 2 pieces black felt 15" x 1" and 2 pieces gold felt 15" x 12".
7. Sew or glue gold strips over black strips. Sew or glue handles onto bag.
Approximate Crafting Time: 1 hr. each
Skill Level: No experience necessary.
Please read all instructions prior to beginning; read and follow all manufacturers' instructions for all tools and materials used. Provide adult supervision if children participate in this and all craft projects. Because Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. and joann.com have no control over the use of materials and tools, nor surroundings, during construction of projects, Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. and joann.com disclaim any liability for injury, damage or other untoward results. Content of this project sheet is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed.