2. Cut a loop strip of VELCRO® brand Fabric Fusion tape and a hook strip of VELCRO® brand STICKY BACK® tape equal to the rod length. Apply strip of STICKY BACK® tape to the rod.
3. Cut fabric so it’s 2½-3 times the width of the window plus hem allowances for top, bottom and sides. Use fusible fabric adhesive to form hems.
4. If including a "country swag" panel as shown, reduce the fabric width of the top valance proportionately. Enlarge the pattern (click below for pattern) to fit individual window and use tissue paper to make working pattern.
5. Evenly “pinch and pin” the upper edge of the curtain and swag panels to create a gathered heading equal to the length of the loop strip of VELCRO® brand Fabric Fusion tape.
6. Apply the adhesive side of loop strip across the wrong side of the fabric, about 1 inch below the top edge of the curtain to secure gathers. Turn fabric to the right side and press lightly, remove pins. With fabric right side up, use a press cloth and apply steam iron for 60 seconds to bond securely to fabric.
7. Position curtain on rod by joining loop strip of VELCRO® brand Fabric Fusion tape to corresponding hook strip of STICKY BACK® tape. Pull apart to remove for seasonal changes or to wash.